Which product am I going to review today?
Hi all! Today I’ll be reviewing the Maybelline New York Dream Pure BB cream (8-in-1). I’ve been using this BB cream a lot before I needed a bit more coverage and started using foundations. I used the medium tone with SPF 15, for an oily skin. The BB cream also has 2% Salicylic Acid which is great if you have acne-prone skin.
This might be one of my favorite affordable drugstore BB creams, with a retail price at €10.
Since it’s a BB cream, you won’t get much coverage but if you’ve got an unequal skin tone (light or dark spots on your face), the BB cream can make your skin appear more equal and smooth. It also covers up any small imperfections or flaws. According to Maybelline New York, you can use the cream with or without a moisturizer (although I advise you to always apply a moisturizer first!).
- Conceals imperfections
- Helps protect against the appearance of blemishes
- Oil-free, non-greasy
- Minimises the appearance of pores
- Clarifies the skin’s look
- Conceals redness
- Hydrates and smoothes
- Complements skin tone
Package + feeling
The package of the Dream Pure BB cream looks quite cute, actually. The flacon is small and has a bit of a triangle shape. The cream is very light-weight and you can easily apply it, you won’t even feel that you’re actually wearing anything on your face.
What does it look like?
While wearing the Dream Pure BB cream, my face does not look cakey at all. I can barely see my pores, that’s all covered up. I can go 6 – 7 hours without noticing my oily skin, which gives me a very comfortable feeling. However, as I do with all makeup, I always apply some translucent powder on top to make sure everything stays in place and no oil comes through.
The Dream Pure BB Cream does exactly what it’s supposed to do, it works really well and also looks great. It doesn’t feel too heavy on your face and it even has SPF 15, which is a ‘must’ for a lot of girls.
- There are five shades available of the MNY Dream Pure BB Cream
- The BB cream has a lightweight feeling
- Prime your look with the Baby Skin Instant pore eraser, and/or finish your look with the the Dream Lumi touch highlighting concealer, Dream Wonder powder and the Face Studio Master Glaze.
- It might be a little shiny, even if you have a dry skin, so I’d recommend using a translucent powder on top.